12 Jun 7 Natural Ways to Solve Chronic Constipation
Pooping less than three times a week is a sign of chronic constipation, according to mainstream medicine. On the other hand, Chinese medicine, Ayurveda and the Weston A. Price Foundation says more is better when it comes to bowel movements. As long as it’s not diarrhea, too loose or too hard, it is still considered healthy.
Bowel movement plays a huge part in the excretory process. Insufficient bowel movements results to bacteria being tapped and reabsorbed by the blood. There are, fortunately various techniques that you can do to treat chronic constipation.
1. Don’t hold it in. Both mainstream and alternative medicine agree that holding in your bowel leads to constipation. Whatever the reason may be, the habit stifles your natural awareness of when it’s time to go. Holding it in also dries out the fecal matter and so it becomes harder to discharge.
2. Take food supplements. Vegetables are rich with enzymes that stimulate digestion. Unfortunately, cooking reduces them. Unless you eat raw vegetables or drink fresh fruit and vegetable juice, supplement your diet with protease, amylase, and lipase.
3. Drink a mixture of water and apple cider vinegar before every meal. This boosts your stomach’s hydrochloric acid content which aids in digestion. This is especially necessary in older folks.
4. Drink fresh lemon juice. This stimulates bile production in your liver and gall bladder, making digestion easier.
5. Take triphala before sleeping or upon waking up. Triphala is a herbal tonic meant to keep the colon healthy. It is commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine to help ease constipation.
6. Add a good amount of healthy fats in your diet. This increases motility by releasing more bile acid.
7. Boost good bacteria in your intestine. Take probiotics like Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium, and Saccromyces boulardi. This will aid in proper digestion.
Aside from dietary changes, there are habits that you can start forming now to restore gut health permanently. This includes the use of footstools that raise your feet and legs to help you get in the proper squatting position. This position is proven to be the natural and easiest way to eliminate stool.
Avoid constipation and prevent colon cancer and bowel related diseases when you use Squatty Potty. Watch this important video: